partitioning and restricting access

	I run a dual boot machine, rh 7.1 and win-98. How accessible is the part
of partition magic for restricting access to the machine, especially for
the windows side of things? With linux, the restriction is already in
place, no user account, no access physically without hacking or boot disks.
But windows, ms protection is nill, hit escape, you're in unless you use
novell. I wanted to implement the password at the boot process, I know bios
is most secure, but don't want to use sighted help to do it. How is boot
magic's accessibility for choosing OS, and when do you enter the password,
after choosing OS, or before? What about lilo and the same thing, figured
you'd only have to get to a dos prompt by disk to fdisk /mbr it, but the
average person these days won't know it.
Is there anything better involving no sighted help>?