Mail HowTo

a configuration file called .fetchmailrc goes in /root.  Try putting one
together based on what you read in man page, and test it using fetchmail
-v <cr>.  If the fetchmail program finds errors, it'll let you know.  Red
hat really should make a fetchmailconf program that doesn't need xterm or
x11 to run.  Then at least you'd not have these problems with fetchmail.
I tried putting my .fetchmailrc in a non-privileged account and removing
it from root but that stopped fetchmail from operating since the root
.fetchmailrc file wasn't there.  sendmail is another headache, I have yet
to get that to successfully mask even though it sends email out.  It's a
good idea not to be online as root, you leave yourself wide open for
hackers that way.  If you need do something in root su root out of
non-privileged account when off line and take care of business then.
Then exit from root before going back online.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>