Spell checking e-mail

Use vi.

Method:
:w
:!spell % > /tmp/spell.out
:e /tmp/spell.out

Explanation:
:w writes your most recent changes to the file.
:! spell % > /tmp/spell.out  assumes you have set up a private script
to make ispell work like spell which is what I always do and run it
on the current vi buffer, storing the resulting mis-spelled words in
the file /tmp/spell.out
:e /tmp/spell.out  lets you move your vi editing session to the word list

No just use the :e #  command to switch back and forth between the word list
and your file to locate and correct any words you want. I always sort and
uniq the word list as part of my spell script.

Come to think of it, this would probably work in emacs too....

rudy