Getting dos hard drive to boot from lilo

My new hard drive is up and working with linux; I was able to do it
without a reinstall. Really pretty easy once you figure it out the first
time.
We have now moved my dos hard drive to hdb (it was hdd before). I was
hoping not to have to boot in from floppy any more, but to use lilo as I
did when I had a windows os on hdb. I can boot in with a floppy, and I can
mount hdb1 and it is my dos hard drive. Both linux cfdisk and dos fdisk
show it as bootable. I've also used map-drive to switch the drives, but it
still won't boot. Not a huge problem, as I can go on booting from floppy
to dos as before, but I would like to know why this won't work. The
relevant part of my lilo.conf is included below.
Thanks.

Cheryl

other=/dev/hdb1
table=/dev/hdb