Transfering linux system to a new hard drive

hi,
The best way to do this is the following:
create an ext2-filesystem on the enw drive using mke2fs
mount it under say /mnt
then do
find / -mount  | cpio -rp /mnt/

This is going by memroy.
You do best readingthe  find(1) and cpio(1) manpages before proceding.
I used this combination some time ago to move my root-partition around
between 2 places about 5 times in one day ;)

Note that I'm asuming that your old hard-drive contains only a single
partition.
If this is not the case, you probably want to do this for every single
partition you need to copy.
success

--
slainte mhaith (good health), slainte (cheers)
Uisce Beatha (water of live/health)