brltty with Redhat

Dave,
Your information has cleared up some of my questions. The dot pattern
displayed on line wrap probably is 1-2-3-7. I have turned sound off in the
configuration menu, and couldn't figure out where that extra display was
coming from. However, I also want to turn that off, because I usually don't
need to know when a line wrap occurs and it's very annoying. I don't want
the sound either, because I have enough hearing to find THAT annoying and I
don't want it to bother the other people in the office. The configuration
menu should have an option to turn off line wrap notification altogether.
Brlspeak only has 2.98x, which doesn't have that notification. That is one
reason it seems to work better to me.
The Braille Lite driver does handle the two advance bars of the Braille Lite
40 just as the documentation says it should, so that problem is already
taken care of.
I don't see a "tune device" on the preferences menu.
I'll have to run the debugging tests you have suggested later and get back
to you.
Thanks.
John

Computers to Help People, Inc.