Hello!

My opinion is that Linux is a much better operating system than Windows but
it takes a lot more effort to get it working than Windows. You can install
Windows and JAWS, accept all the defaults, and be up and running in about
an hour. That is not going to be the case with Linux. With Linux, you
pretty much have to read the instructions. And even if you do, there may be
things about your installation that need some tweeking to work.

If you take the time to learn Linux, you'll find that it's much more
powerful than even Windows 2000. But you may not need the extra features of
Linux. Things like dialing into the internet, using a word processor,
balancing your checkbook are probably easier in Windows than in Linux. But
linux makes a much better file server or web server than Windows.

Another thing to consider is that if you learn how to use Linux you may be
able to help other blind people in your country use Linux. Linux and
emacspeak are free. Windows & JAWS cost hundreds of dollars. This may not
apply to you since you already have JAWS but you may be able to help other
blind people in your area get a speech enabled computer for practically
nothing with Linux.

--
John G. Heim
WiscINFO Customer Service Coordinator