---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:11:55 -0500 (EST)
From: Bill Gaughan <wgaughan@snet.net>
To: blinux-list@redhat.com

Hi Listers,

Here is the url for the Voice of America News Now live audio stream. The
url is:

http://www.voanews.com/real/live/newsnow.ram

Q. Please look at this .ram file. If you run it through "trplayer"
manually, it plays live audio. But, if you point to it in lynx and
right-arrow on it, it will not play. I **do** indeed have .ram in my
mime.types file and trplayer %s in my mailcap file. and all my other .ram
.rm .mp3, etc. files play from activating trplayer from lynx. What is
particular about this .ram file that the lynx to trplayer does not like?
Have any of you experienced this listening to VOA News Now?

Thanks.

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@snet.net