Locking Keyboard

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001, Luke Davis wrote:

 > You can remove the keyboard, but someone can just plug in a new key board.
 > The best way, is to password protect the system: don't give anyone the
 > password for root, and do not allow any other accounts to log in from the
 > console.
Linxu is per default passwd protected, but as said they can still login on
the console.
Now here are is a solution:
Install the vlock package
after bootup login as root and execute
exec vlock -a

This will lock all consoles and can only be disable by the root-password,
if it crashes the exec part will maake sure that your session will be
logged out after vlock has crashed.