blinux list can a tieman keybrl work with brltty

[quoted lines by Andor Demarteau on August 3, 2001, at 17:58]

>woudl there be bevenfits to the serial-connection and how about the
>printer-port redirect on such displays?

There are three benefits to using a parallel port as opposed to a serial port:

First: Perhaps it's stating the obvious, but, if that's the only port the
device has, then parallel port support is the only way to gain access to it.

Second: A parallel port can transfer data as a higher rate than a serial port.
This, with respect to braille displays, is irrelevant unless the display is
very, very large.

Third: The parallel port may need to be used if all of the serial ports are
already being used for other devices.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.