Toggle Sounds For Linux

I just finished porting my `keysnd' program from DOS to Linux.
This program generates an interesting sound for each alphanumeric key,
using only the inbuilt toggle speaker.
I originally wrote this to see which sounds I might want to embed
in my adaptive speech system.
I am currently using four of them, for error/boundary conditions,
such as reading past end-of-buffer etc.
I find it more intuitive to have a separate audio channel for control signals,
apart from speech, which always represents text output.
This is similar to control verses data messages on stream sockets.

Feel free to use any of these sounds in your various systems,
or let me know if you have any other ideas for sounds
that might support adaptive systems.

http://eklhad.interspeed.net/linux/keysnd.c

Karl Dahlke
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Linux for the Blind]     [Fedora]     [Kernel List]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Big List of Linux Books]