Re: Adding the BT driver

On 7/13/2017 5:07 AM, AceLan Kao wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on adding BT driver back to linux backport driver, and got
some questions.

I suppose it means you also want to maintain BT support in backports project?

1. Do we still do building the backport driver against all the
supported kernels? I didn't see those reports in git log recently, so
I'm wondering while backporting BT driver, can I skip some old
kernels' support.

Well. You could limit the earliest kernel by adding a dependency in the dependencies file.

2. Is there a script that can help me to build the backport driver
against certain kernels?

Not really. You just run make from the backports package and provide KLIB_BUILD=... on the command line referring to the target kernel headers.

3. Is there anything I should take care of while doing the BT backport?

I forgot the reason for dropping BT. Don't think it was anything technical. I guess there was nobody willing to put effort in it.

Regards,
Arend