parse-integer support

Hi,
I've progressed a bit in my endeavor to backport the sound drivers with only a few compilation errors but I've reached a blocking point. The audio drivers were converted to use parse_integer this summer but I can't figure out how to back port this.

If I add include/linux/parse-integer to copy-list then there are tons of redeclations. If I modify backport/backport-include/linux/kernel.h to add a conditional #include <linux/parse-integer.h> then I can't figure out how to add a subset of this header file from the backport-include directory.

It's only a matter of time before others are impacted so maybe smarter people than me have ideas on how to go about this.
Thanks,
-Pierre