Re: Assistance Needed with AGL OTA Update Implementation and Display Issue

From: agl-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <agl-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scott Murray via lists.automotivelinux.org <scott.murray=konsulko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06 January 2024 15:16
To: agl-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <agl-dev-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Assistance Needed with AGL OTA Update Implementation and Display Issue

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024, Sadanand More wrote:

> Dear Scott,
>
> I appreciate your prompt response. I seek clarification regarding the
> current support status of the OTA (Over-The-Air) feature in AGL
> (Automotive Grade Linux). Despite the information suggesting the
> discontinuation of the agl-sota feature in the Marlin release due to
> issues with HERE's support, I have observed the continued presence of
> the agl-sota feature in the AGL setup.sh file.

It looks like the removal in Marlin missed the mention in the
meta-agl-demo.md help file, but the meta-updater layers were indeed
removed from the AGL repo manifest and the feature template to configure
using it removed.

> Could you kindly provide guidance on whether AGL has officially ceased
> support for the OTA feature, or if it is still possible to perform OTA
> updates using OSTree and AGL? Your insights on this matter would be
> greatly appreciated.

It was only ever a community supported feature.  IIRC, ATS paid for one
of my coworkers to submit some of the initial implementation, but it was
for the most part ATS's feature that they maintained, and as I mentioned,
any other community interest died when HERE stopped selling support.  I
believe there is a small community still working with the meta-updater
layers outside of AGL, you may want to investigate that.

Scott

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10912) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_