Re: Assistance Needed with AGL OTA Update Implementation and Display Issue

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024, Sadanand More wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I am reaching out regarding my current efforts to implement over-the-air
> (OTA) updates using Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) and ostree. I have been
> diligently following the guidelines outlined in the AGL SOTA wiki (
> https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/subsystem/agl-sota/ostree) and have been
> working with the AGL Lucky Lamprey v12.1.16 branch.
>
> I am pleased to report that I have successfully deployed OTA updates.
> However, I have encountered an issue when attempting to view the display
> using VNC Viewer (vncviewer:0). Specifically, I am experiencing a blank
> screen.
>
> In addition to seeking assistance with the display issue, I would like to
> inquire about the necessity of the "SOTA_Credentials.zip" file for
> performing OTA updates. Any insights or guidance you can provide on this
> matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I understand your team's expertise in these matters, and I am confident
> that with your assistance, we can resolve these issues efficiently. Thank
> you for taking the time to review my concerns.
>
> Looking forward to your guidance

I am not aware of anyone using the agl-sota feature in several years, and
it was for the most part unsupported by the time of the Lamprey release.
We went ahead and dropped meta-updater and the agl-sota feature in the
next release, Marlin.  That was driven by ATS having sold their OTA
busines to HERE, and then HERE dropped support for the server side, which
killed the already low interest in it in the AGL community.  The upshot
is I think you're going to be on your own debugging the issues you are
seeing.

Scott