Re: Display lightup gui takes too long while resume

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 07:19:42AM +0000, Kumar1, Rahul via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:
> [AMD Official Use Only - General]
>
> Hi Marius and all,
>
> We are facing issue in display lightup, where it takes more than 20s to light up diplay after resume. I am describing issue in detail in below.
>
> Setup detail
> Platform - amd ryzen apu
> OS details - Xen, Ubuntu as dom0 and agl domU.
>

> Issue description
> When we are suspending agl domU and then resuming back display lightup
> takes very long randomly from 3sec to 30 sec around, however agl vm
> becomes accessible just after 1 sec, we are able to access via ssh and
> xl console. not getting any clue form dmesg or journalctl.
I'm afraid without any additional information there's not a lot on going
on here. Can you open a Jira ticket and add the entire journalctl from
the VM? Did you actually moved your cursor mouse? Have you tried not
sending input to the VM at all and time it out to see how much does it
take? We update the clock each minute so that's when a new repaint is
happening.

Is the display powered up at all? Not sure if this is related to DPMS or
the display not being enabled by the underlying hardware.

> Extra info - if we run some GPU load applications such as Glmark2 and then do s3 and resume, we don't see this issue and display lightup comes back in a second.
Guess you can do a paste a journalctl from when this works and when it does not and
compare the two? glmark2 repains the screen the entire time, whereas
only the clock might update it.