Re: AGL Virtual machine not displaying the demo

Hi,

On 7/7/23 14:45, Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
Hi !

I just tried it and it worked.  Seed the picture

Yeah, I think this is mostly dependent on the VBox version at this point (or maybe better vbox drivers in the guest?).

My speculation is that maybe there were some other things being done as well, in combination with this. That variable is about the resolution, rather than the driver. Without actually seeing the journalctl or the compositor I can't tell for sure.

I would expect for homescreen to show up (to a lower resolution), while the issue mentions that homescreen isn't started at all, which hints something else entirely.

Nevertheless given that this it seems to work without it, think probably we should mend that a bit and just mention it in case the resolution looks off or wrong (which like I've said, with newer version of VBox it won't be needed).

I did use the script attached.

Best,
Jan-Simon