Re: Car/Scooter Development Quick Start Reference

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 03:06:47AM -0700, praveensonare007@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Marius, David
>
> Appriciate the explanations above and helping me to understand this.
>
> As Yocto has its own mechanism to fetch and build code, I have 2 more queries but they are related to Yocto.
> Since I'm building new application (say html5 application) I dont want to use existing apps
>
> html5-launcher \
>
> html5-homescreen \
>
> However I will be using custom launcher and homescreen,
>
> So how can I add and remove from bitbake build.
These are pulled by the packagegroup packagegroup-agl-demo-platform-html5.
Note that removing html5-homescreen, or not providing the same
functionality as homescreen would potentially make your image most likely
unusable.

That doesn't mean you can't modify it, or provide your own
just that you'd have to inherit or re-use some some of the javascript
code that html5-homescreen is using. html5-homescreen and html5-launcher
are applications that start other applications, so you'd need something
similar to that.

Most likely html5-homescreen pulls in our user session so you'd need the
same for your custom homescreen application (at least for the time
being).