Re: Car/Scooter Development Quick Start Reference

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 09:35 AM, Marius Vlad wrote:
But nothing will generate a package that you
can install over so you'd have to literally copy binaries and libraries
to the target devices using scp.
Hi, Marius.

Thank you for your comprehensive answer.

"But nothing will generate a package that you can install over so you'd have to literally copy binaries and libraries
 to the target devices using scp."
This is fine, this was the 'obvious' solution to me, but was hoping there was a folder I could 'drop' a compiled binary into when making an AGL image. I think it's worth considering such a method, as a network connection may not always be available (as odd as that may seem).

"agl-demo directory contains a lot of application recipes"
I appreciate (and fully agree) it's more of a Yocto question, but knowing where the 'golden example' or a small reference example is sometimes half the battle. Building an an AGL image (especially if you have no prior Yocto/Openembeded experience) is quite a daunting task, so any piece of information to help understand things a bit better really helps (and this forum has been really great for this). I've learned so much just by getting an image to build successfully and trying to follow what's actually happening when it's building.

I'm not so much interested right now in the recipes aspect right now, but when I have time, I will try propose a generic recipe example as you suggest.

I appreciate your time Marius
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10573) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_