Re: Build error when using MACHINE=h3ulcb-kf

On Tue, 11 Apr 2023, Sánta, Márton (ext) via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I send you the necessary information:
>
> Command line:
>
> source meta-agl/scripts/aglsetup.sh -m h3ulcb-kf -b build-h3ulcb-kf agl-demo agl-devel agl-virt agl-kvm agl-egvirt

My apologies for the slow reply.  The simple answer is that agl-kvm is
currently only known to work with the h3ulcb machine, specifically
when configured for the AGL reference hardware (i.e. with the
"agl-refhw-h3" feature), and there will be some work required to support
other machines.

The longer answer is that the cause is due to the BitBake restriction that
multiconfigs all see the same layers.  That can lead to issues when BSP
layers blindly apply configuration without using machine overrides.  For
the agl-kvm build for the plain h3ulcb I fixed some things we had been
doing in meta-agl-bsp, and I also resorted to using the more brute force
solution of masking out meta-rcar-gen3 for the guest build.  Most of the
errors you're seeing seem related to an interaction with the latter, but
I'd not be surprised if there are some variable modifications being done
for h3ulcb-kf in meta-agl-bsp that are missing overrides.

I will spend some time tomorrow seeing if I can at least get
agl-kvm-demo-platform to build for h3ulcb-kf.  That likely will not be
sufficient for reproducing the demo we showed at CES, as there are some
pieces of guest configuration for QEMU that are specific to the reference
hardware.  I can point you at those once we can get an image to build.

Scott