Re: Display issue with official Raspberry PI 4 touch screen with Needlefish 14.0.1

Hi Scott!

Thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it!

Maybe this is worth documenting on the wiki - agl-distro:agl-raspberrypi [Automotive Linux Wiki]

agl-distro:agl-raspberrypi [Automotive Linux Wiki]

-Ed
On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 11:01:43 AM EDT, Scott Murray <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2022, Ed R via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this group and noticed an issue while interfacing official Raspberry PI 4 touch screen with Raspberry PI 4 board and latest Needlefish 14.0.1 release. After much search I found out that it worked with icefish and tried
> that release on my setup, which works perfectly fine.
>
> I am downloading Needlefish 14.0.1 release image. This works perfectly fine with HDMI display. But with touch screen, U-boot comes up and initial boot messages are displayed on the screen, once Linux boots up no display. I have
> serial console connected, system is up and I can access the Linux console.
>
> dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch
>
> Also,  I can bring up the display by appending “ dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch
>
> “ to /boot/config.txt but the screen resolution is incorrect. Mode changes to screen resolution or name changes to DSI in weston.ini makes no difference.
>
> I’m sure I am missing some documentation which changed between icefish and later releases.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

We stopped supporting scaling of the UI in the demo at some point, so
what you're seeing is expected since the touchscreen isn't 1920x1080.

Scott

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10167) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_