Re: Unigene heaven for AGL

On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 02:50:42PM +0000, Kumar1, Rahul via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:
> [AMD Official Use Only - General]
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to know the way how to Unigene heaven game to get benchmark number for GPU.
> I am able to run glmark2, but wanted to Unigene heaven to run to long run to stress the dGPU.
AFAIK Unigene Heaven doesn't have a Wayland backend for it, and in
yocto/OE we don't seem to mix Wayland and X11 together (by that I mean
that we can't have X11 and Wayland installed side-by-side), and while
technically it should be possible to run it using xwayland,
we deliberately avoid loading Xwayland support in the AGL compositor
(meaning there's a simple fix on the AGL side).

So not really sure what to suggest here, the AGL compositor can run X11
applications using Xwayland, but last time when I've looked into weston
yocto recipe it wasn't possible to get X11 and Wayland building at the
same time.

Alternatively, maybe have a look at the newest Unigene benchmark, they might
have switched to using some toolkit (like qt) which could be run natively on
wayland. Or maybe have a look at the weston recipe to see how can you
build both X11 and Wayland side-by-side (if that's really possible).