Re: Collabora weekly progress w/e 28th August 2022

Hello All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora has made last week.

Weston/Wayland
================
  • SPEC-4516 (Multiple outputs in combination with no default activation) - issue related to having dynamic migration of windows/applications from one output to another. Have a few changes in-flight changes required to make this work with and without activation by default. Testing is a tedious so I'm still at it.
  • SPEC-4528 (Activation request at start-up of applications is sent too early) - discussions about implementation, using an event from the compositor sent to the shell client and orchestrate within the shell client, and avoid any potential interaction with applaunchd. Waiting for other protocol changes (bound_ok, bound_fail) to start working on this.
  • SPEC-4536 (Initially receive dimensions in xdg_toplevel@configure from wrong output) - At the moment implementation would assign an initial output for the application in mutiple output configurations. The applications sees two configure events if moved afterwards to another output, which is normal behaviour. That initial output is driving by the using the output on which background surface was initially set on. Presumably we should avoid doing that entirely and do not assign any output abd do that once we get an activation request. Complicated due to having to support both activation by default and not by default. This isn't really an issue if the clients just supports resizing, but the plan would be to revisit this once we redo some of the protocol changes with respect to surface property roles. For the being this would a won't fix. A fix for SPEC-4516 should provide an alternative to this activation working dynamically on multiple outputs.
  • SPEC-4530 (support wl_output v 4) - add support for wl_ouput interface v 4 to help without with SPEC-4516. Makes testing of activation on multiple outputs, far far easier. Includes support in the compositor and in the helper agl-shell-activator. Pushed also an upstream change which would land in libweston 12.
  • https://lists.automotivelinux.org/g/agl-dev-community/message/10084 - support flutter build issue with git lfs. Investigation and further debugging showed an issue with git lfs on the host. Provided alternative work-arounds which should help with the build issue.
Best regards,

Kiril
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10121) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_