Re: latest master branch flutter build - smudge filter lfs failed downloading

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated "message 169505" looks hopeful. I have an inkling of the problem recipe flow, and concerning my immediate blocking switched to needlefish 13.93.0
working as designed

best
regards

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 5:40 AM Scott Murray <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2022, Scott Murray via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Aug 2022, Bernard Craddock wrote:
[snip]
> > Reason being meta-flutter introduced git lfs in the last release. (I don't
> > know much about it as we don't commit large files)
> > So you would have had to manually install it as the job initially fails
> > with git lfs not found.
> >
> > My AGL build server is Ubuntu VM on a Fedora host (tst.pumpedsvr.com) so I
> > installed https://installati.one/ubuntu/20.04/git-lfs/
> > I then fluffed around trying to configure as much as i could after watching
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPFLAAhuGy0
> > But I know something is missing, no idea what, fingers crossed the new
> > build recipe contains git-lfs black magic to fill in the blanks!
>
> [snip]
>
> > I think this is a Joel issue as his Github CI jobs (I think may have
> > git-lfs built in), same as gitlab, and suspect jenkins has a plugin.
> > Please advise your what/how really appreciate it show me where i'm wrong
> > if you require anything additional from me please ask no problem
> > If you concur with my findings, I'll raise github meta-flutter issue
>
> My Debian bullseye build container that I use for AGL does not have
> git-lfs installed, and I can build agl-image-flutter without issues,
> same as what Marius mentioned in his email just now.  So I'm unsure just
> what it is that you're hitting, to be honest.  It looks like either
> something with your local environment or perhaps another instance of the
> bitbake network sandboxing blocking something, though it looks like your
> failure is in a do_fetch where that should not be an issue.  I've started
> on debugging why the bitbake sandboxing doesn't get enabled on my build
> machine so I can try to rule that out.

I was a few days behind on the oe-core mailing list, you seem to be
hitting a BitBake issue with respect to the use of git-lfs in a repo that
is being fetched with the git submodule fetcher:

https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/169505

So enabling network support for the do_unpack task for that recipe would
seem to be one temporary workaround that can be put in place, with your
more immediate option being to uninstall the git-lfs plugin on your build
host as had been suggested.

Scott

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10100) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_