Re: afm-util!

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 02:45:42AM -0700, abugaber202@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hello everyone,
Hi,

> Just a quick question, I recently shifted to AGL 13 and the afm-util
> command is gone! what should I use to install wgt files on the system?
For packaging we use whatever yocto/OE is using. It defaults to RPMs,
or you can choose to use DEB packages.

There's no alternative to wgt files, so if you are using the SDK at this
point it won't generate a package similar to wgt. You'll need to rely on
yocto/OE to generate the packages in the RPM/DEB form and transfer those to the
target where you install them.

So either you re-generate your entire image, and you add your own
packages into the image, through various forms, or if you tend to deploy
often different version or testing out things you can use the
externalsrc (Building Software from an External Source, in the yocto
manual) class.

I think we're looking into adding some common cmake/meson dev files
which projects can inherit from the SDK to help out in package generation,
but I don't think we have anything concrete at this moment.