Re: Flutter upstream integration

> 2. (x86_64 qemu) I removed system service from meta-flutter ivi-homescreen
> recipe in favor of bbappend per platform, as systemd.bblcass does not
> support user services.  With this removal the prior changes made in
> ivi-homescreen_agl.inc no longer work correctly, as it was only functional
> as a system service.  Marius what was the expectation around
> https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=AGL/meta-agl-devel.git;a=blobdiff;f=meta-agl-flutter/recipes-graphics/toyota/ivi-homescreen_aglflutter.inc;h=dd3b8ec04220fda5a60b745ab6fe9ddeb937d4e7;hp=767637b7d6587ca84852ef9376cee78cff20d572;hb=9461fa4202505880f25c7f0673c6bdad4df8ee9c;hpb=fffdabd3e39e70a63c39243316e0b0e459df2b7f
> ?  That it would run as a user service, and that the system service should
> not exist?  With this change it creates a system and user service.  If we
> want it to run as a "user" service then more changes are needed as
> systemd.bblass does not support user services.  Just need to understand the
> intent/work done here.
They're both systemd services, just that applications run as user
services. The expectation is that normal/regular applications run as
such.  The compositor is also running as systemd user service, rather
than as systemd system service. I think apart from some well defined
uses-cases where we run as (system) services, we almost always run as
user services. Surely others can chime in if this is not correct.

Okay.  The ivi-homescreen recipe (pre-change) installs and enables system service implicitly via the "inherit systemd" reference.  In addition ivi-homescreen_aglflutter.inc was adding it as a user service.  During testing this was exhibiting some odd interaction.  My upstream change removes inheriting systemd in the ivi-homescreen base recipe, which makes ivi-homescreen_aglflutter.inc/bbappend the sole implementer of the service install.  Moving forward users of meta-flutter need to implement ivi-homescreen as service via bbappend, as with ivi-homescreen_aglflutter.inc.
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10017) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_