Re: Reg : GPU-based image processing on AGL platform

Hi Marius,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'll consider your recommendations and watch for assistance with similar problems from the AGL dev mailing list as well.

Regards,
Manikandan R

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 15:20, Marius Vlad <marius.vlad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 01:01:54PM +0530, R.manikandan Rathinam wrote:
> Hi Marius,
Hi Manikandan,
> I attempted image-processing using the OpenCV, OpenGL & OpenCL API on the
> AGL side, however, it uses up CPU memory and slows down the other
> operations. How can it be handled in GPU memory? Are there any libraries or
> services that can help?
> If you have any OpenCL or OpenGL-related references, please share them; It
> will help me go further.
I have limited experience exposure to OpenCL/OpenCV but AFAIK with embedded
platforms (such as aarch64/arm) memory is shared between the system
itself. As in, there's no dedicated VRAM which the GPU can use, similar to
what happens on desktops, with x86 platforms.

And indeed, at start-up, there's a zone mapped for the GPU to use, but
it's not dedicated, such as VRAM. Suppose this has the side-effect of
bottlenecking access to it, presumably with some sort of a controller that
mitigates access to it, maybe having some internal QoS to favour some
tasks over the other. Direct scan-out of framebuffer, avoid importing
into GPU could also help with memory bandwidth. Tweaking the DRAM
controller, like increasing clock speed might be some other alternative, at the
expense of additional heating/power consumption. Some of these can
only happen on particular platforms, if hardware supports it.

Unfortunately I don't have more to recommend. I've CC the AGL dev
mailing list, maybe others have encountered this situation and have some
alternatives useful to mention.

--
Manikandan R
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9907) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_