Native Virtio Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) design

Hello,

In the virtualization expert group (EG-VIRT) we started an activity to build a Virtio based Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) for native applications. The first version of the design document is ready and available for at this address: https://confluence.automotivelinux.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=59442541
The document includes a description of the Native Virtio HAL objectives and a first definition of virtio-loopback components, as well as it contains an update about the activity related to the support for touchscreen sensitivity.

We look forward to receiving comments from the other expert groups as well as from anyone interested. Lastly, I'll present the content of the document next Wednesday during the EG-Virt session at the AGL Hybrid Workshop.

Regards
--
Michele Paolino, Innovation Manager & Virtualization Architect
Virtual Open Systems SAS

Virtual Open Systems Confidential and Proprietary Information. The content of this e-mail message, and any documents, files or e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person entitled for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is not permitted in any way and prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply at m.paolino@virtualopensystems.com and destroy the original received e-mail and any of its attachments without opening or reading them and without saving them to a filesystem or to any other physical memory support.

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9835) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_