Re: Could not test Signal Composer and Low-CAN API

Thanks for the clarification Scott. That worked.

Best regards,
Ashwin

On Wed, 8 Dec, 2021, 9:43 PM Scott Murray, <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2021, ashwin vijaykumar wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for the detailed info. We were able to achieve what we were looking
> for.
>
> We have successfully customized functions for CAN Message ID 3E9 [Vehicle
> speed - event.vehicle.speed]
> and 3D9 [Engine Speed - event.engine.speed].
>
> But OnSignalEvent is not being triggered for CAN Message ID 620-Doors.
>
> On that note, I had a follow-up question. As mentioned in an earlier email,
> I understand the OnSignalEvent
> will be triggered based on libqtappfw libraries. As per my understanding
> the following events
> were being supported by Signal Composer library:
>
> "event.vehicle.speed",
> "event.engine.speed",
> "event.cruise.enable",
> "event.cruise.resume",
> "event.cruise.set",
> "event.cruise.cancel",
> "event.cruise.limit",
> "event.cruise.distance",
> "event.lane_departure_warning.enable",
> "event.info",
> "event.horn"
> [src: libqtappfw/signal-composer/signalcomposer.h]
>
> I wanted signals to respond from body control module, so I added
> ["front_left_door"] to the list and built the library and replaced it in
> the AGL "/usr/lib" directory [libqtappfw-signal-composer.so
> libqtappfw-signal-composer.so.1 libqtappfw-signal-composer.so.1.0.0].
>
> But unfortunately I might have broken the system by doing that. Now I am
> getting the following error when I open the dashboard app.
>
> AVC lsm=SMACK fn=smack_inode_permission action=""> > subject="User::App::dashboard" object="System" requested=r pid=667
> comm="dashboard" name="libqtappfw-signal-composer.so.1" dev="sda2" ino=64369

If you're manually copying files into the filesystem you need to set the
SMACK label appropriately.  Files under /usr/lib should have the '_'
label, try doing:

chsmack -a _ /usr/lib/libqtappfw-signal-composer.so.1

The other option is to rebuild/reinstall the image with the change, as
the root filesystem would then have the correct labelling.

> Is there any other files where I can add an event list so OnSignalEvent can
> get triggered?

That should work assuming the CAN message definition and corresponding
signal composer configuration is correct, which I cannot guarantee as I've
never tested it myself.  The door messages & events have been there for
a long time as an example, but have never been exercised in the demo, and
perhaps not in any of the automated testing.  They're definitely not
tested in the current test setup, it uses other CAN messages.

Scott

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9578) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_