Re: Screen support #help #koi #renesas

On Fri, Nov 05, 2021 at 05:25:21AM -0700, Francesco ARGENTIERI (KINETON) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
Hi Francesco,
> Currently, I develop for **h3ulcb + kingfisher** and on the standard monitor, the image is shown correctly.
> I am testing a new screen 15.6" 1920 x 1080 connected by
> micro-HDMI(*h3ulcb output*) - mini-HDMI(*screen*) cable, so the image
> on the screen is shown with half-height but replicated twice.
Just to make sure, this new screen is connected to the
micro-HDMI port of h3ulcb machine?

It shouldn't behave any differently than other displays/monitors. We
have a tool that can take screenshots of the output, it's called
agl-screenshooter. It will dump a PNG file in the current directory
where you called it, so you can use that to attach an image to better
show up the issue.

> Furthermore, I want to activate the HDMI port on the kingfisher board to avoid using the adapter from micro HDMI to standard size.
>
> weston.ini configuration
> ```shell
> [core]
> backend=drm-backend.so
> require-input=false
> modules=systemd-notify.so
> repaint-window=34
>
> [shell]
> locking=true
> panel-position=none
>
> # A display is connected to HDMI-A-1
> [output]
> name=HDMI-A-1
> mode=1920x1080@60
> force-on=true
>
> [output]
> name=HDMI-A-2
> mode=1920x1080@60
> force-on=true
>
> [output]
> name=LVDS-1
> mode=off
> ```
I assume that the ^ configuration doesn't work at all?

I would suggest in both cases you paste the compositor log, so see what
actually is being "detected" or not. Better yet, maybe also, open a JIRA
ticket and attach both the compositor log and the screenshoot there?

(PS: the compositor log is located at /run/platform/display/compositor.log).