Re: Could not read low-can signals

Thank you Scott. I will check it out and get back to you.

Best Regards,
Ashwin

On Wed, 25 Aug, 2021, 8:44 PM Scott Murray, <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2021, ashwin vijaykumar wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to Simulate CAN in AGL (Icefish & QEMU).  I am having issues
> with receiving the  CAN Messages in my custom application as well as in
> prebuilt HVAC application.
>
> In journalctl, I can see the low-can api write success,
> low-can write { \"signal_name\": \"hvac.fan.speed\", \"signal_value\": 25}
> ON-REPLY 9:low-can/write: OK
> {
>   "jtype":"afb-reply",
>   "request":{
>     "status":"success",
>     "info":"Message correctly sent"
>   }
> }
> But no change in fan speed in HVAC application. But in the same simulator I
> am changing the volume via audiomixer api. the changes in volume is
> reflected in Mixer app.

Note that the audiomixer binding and Mixer app are communicating purely
via the application framework websocket API, there's no CAN involved.

> Kindly guide me with any resources or references to read CAN Message in my
> custom application.

I've not done much beyond basic testing of the write call in the
low-can binding, for CAN simulation we instead write to the CAN device
directly so the binding will see the messages, since that's more like how
it'd be working in a vehicle.  Usually the canplay or cansend utilities
or a python script is what we test with, see the script:

recipes-demo/simple-can-simulator/files/simple_can_simulator.py

in meta-agl-demo for an example of the latter.

In this case, perhaps check with candump on the CAN device to make sure
your CAN message is making it out when you do the write with the binding.
One other thing to note is there was a lot of rework of the low-can
binding between the Icefish and Jellyfish releases, if you're in a
position to test with a newer (and still supported) release that'd be a
useful datapoint.

Scott

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9391) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_