Re: Write to file #agl #koi #permissions

On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 03:52:44 -0700
"Francesco ARGENTIERI (KINETON)" <francesco.argentieri@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Currently, I'm not able to write to a file on disk using my service.
> So, I've understood that to store a file correctly, I need to write a
> file in a folder such as ```$HOME/app-data/<name-of-app>/``` and
> similar. Could you provide an example, couldn’t you?

Hi Francesco,

The systemd's service that launch your service should have setup the
working directory to that directory ([1] & [2]). So you can assume that
the current working directory is writable.

If it is not the case it implies that something is broken.

Best regards
José Bollo

[1]
https://git.automotivelinux.org/src/app-framework-main/tree/conf/unit/service.inc#n108