Re: GSoC weekly update: Week 03

Thanks for the report.

But I have some concerns with your way of reporting your work.

Is it necessary to suffer on https://anmol.netlify.app/post/week3/ to read the
report? (yes, suffering with M$ fonts aged to 80s won't help me to read the
report, even if I'm older than the font itself... Nostalgy is not a remedy for
me...)

Am I stupid in considering that the LF has some kind of contract or licence with
Atlassian for JIRA/Confluence and other tools? Fees are paid, so please use the
right tools! I'm a bit surprised that nobody told you anything (Walt?, Jan-Simon?).

So why not pushing your report on AGL services, be it Jira or Confluence? As I
already have plenty of projects and people to follow, let me say that I won't
follow your work if it's not posted on regular channels used on AGL. And posting
a message on the mailing list to specify where the details are is not really an
option IMHO.

I dislike the model where LF has to pay for the BTS or other community systems
like S*ack and others, when FLOSS alternatives exist but are not used, promoted
and improved by the "big community" itself. OK That's a LF choice I don't agree
with. But in this very special case, I don't understand why such log reports are
not posted on "usual" channels, as there's absolutely no need to add external
"unpleasant", "unnecessary", "irrelevant" tools.

---
Stephane Desneux - CTO - IoT.bzh
stephane.desneux@xxxxxxx - www.iot.bzh