Re: High CPU usage of wireplumber and pipewire on imx6

Hello George,

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 1:21 PM George Kiagiadakis <george.kiagiadakis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Ehsan,

On 24/05/2021 11:25, Ehsan Takalloo wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Hello George,
>
> I was checking the latest changes of pipewire and wireplumper on IMX6
> and I encountered a strange issue. The cpu usages of wireplumber and
> pipewire were too high.
> I had to change log.level in pipewire.conf from 2 (warning)  to 4
> (debug) to reduce cpu usages of wireplumber (from 75.9% ) and
> pipewire(from 22.1%).
> Changing the log.level in pipewire.conf or wireplumber.conf from warning
> to debug solved the cpu usage issues and I was able to play audio with
> pipewiresink successfully, but I'm not sure if that is a really good
> solution.
> Any idea about what is really missing?

That must be some bug somewhere. It's not reasonable at all. Also,
increasing the debug level should *increase* the CPU usage, not decrease
it, so it's likely that you did not reproduce the bug after you
increased the debug level.
Does the high CPU usage start after some event? Does the journal log
show any warnings/errors related to pipewire? Also, can you send the
file generated by `pw-dump -N > file` when this condition occurs?

I agree with you about cpu usage and debug-level and I know it was really odd.
I found it by accident when I was trying to find out more about the source of high CPU usage.
It happens after system startup.
After I changed only the debug level at /etc/wireplumber/wireplumber.conf from 2 to 4 and restarted, cpu usage decreased, without any other changes.
I attached the pw-dump result to this mail.

--
Best Regards
Ehsan

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9220) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_