Using Curl to send a HTTP request to a local OSRM Server from an AGL service

Hello everyone,

my name is Sebastian, I'm from Germany and studying at the Reutlingen University. A few weeks ago I visited one of your AGL calls to find out how to best interact with a local OSRM (Open Source Routing Machine) server from an AGL service. The goal of my service is to retrieve routing information from the OSRM server, based on given start und destination points and return said information to a navigation application which a few of my fellow students are developing.

I initially wanted to use an OSRM c++ library to get the needed Information from the OSRM server but I have'nt been to get that to work.
I now want to use Curl to send a http request to the OSRM server and get a GeoJSON response. I wanted to ask if any of you have any tips or pointers on using Curl in an AGL service to achieve this? Here is an example of a OSRM http request:

http://localhost:5000/route/v1/driving/{Long1},{Lat1};{Long2},{Lat2}?steps=true&geometries=geojson

with {Long1/2} and {Lat1/2} being the longitude and latitude of the start and destination coordinates.

Any Advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you and best regards

Sebastian
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9198) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_