Re: #icefish #koi #agl-service-windowmanager

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 07:19:09AM -0700, Francesco ARGENTIERI (KINETON) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
Hi,
> currently I'm trying to move from AGL **Icefish ver 9.0.0** to **AGL Koi** because seems fix several issue regarding audio,  especially **pipewire** and so on.
> (Another ticket was opened by Tonino De Nigiris, my collegue on Jira and on this forum).
> I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade to the last release, but keeping the previous __agl-service-windowmanager__?
There's no longer any windowmanager service. Additional interaction with
the compositor is handled directly by the application, using a private
extension. See [1] for more information. Launcher, and Alexa demo
applications are examples of how to use those private extensions. I'd
suggest reading them. You can either use the toolkit or create native
applications.

> Or can you suggest me a way to transition from __agl-service-windowmanger__ to __agl-composition__?
> Furthermore a way or example In order to enable split-screen feature when launching two application
The split functionality is done similarly as the Alexa demo
application, or like the cluster-demo-receiver [2] where you assign a
special role (split in this case) to the surface.

Note that application management is still handled just that happens
with the homescreen service, while windowmanager service is no longer
needed: activation/switching of windows, and additional functionality
are exposed with the help of those private extensions. A rather bigger
story on how things are now working you'll find at [3].

[1] https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/master/#5_Component_Documentation/1_agl-compositor/#private-extensions
[2] https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=apps/agl-cluster-demo-receiver.git;a=tree
[3] https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/master/#5_Component_Documentation/1_agl-compositor/

Hope this helps,