Re: dynamic loading of the policy engine

On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 05:36:02AM +0000, Hosokawa, Kenji (ADITJ/SWG) wrote:
> Hello AppFW EG members,
Hi Hosokawa-san,

> https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/eg-app-fw/meetings#december_2_2020
>
> As we discussed yesterday, I have one action item to confirm if dynamic loading of the policy engine is needed.
No, there shouldn't be any need, you should be able to create a new
policy file and after we've reviewed it, tested it, we can then make
that the default one (instead of the current, default one).

Users can also customize which policy they can install when building the
image. Think that would be really helpful on your side in order to test
it as well.

> There is no use case from Denso point of view. We don't need to consider it to avoid a lot of unnecessary complexity.
Yes, that was my impression as well. The plug-ins idea is nice if someone
would want to modify the policy at runtime. As I've understood it and
said above, there's no need or gain, if we're going to make the RBA
policy the default one.