Re: Not able build telematics for Raspberry Pi3

Hi Rakesh, Scott,

On 30.11.20 г. 16:14 ч., Scott Murray wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2020, RAKESH wrote:

Hi Scott,
Now i am able to run the simple_can_simulator.py can0 and can see data flowing in... also afbd-telematics-recorder process is running successfully ..
but im not able to connect to *iot.eclispse.org* using my MQTT mobile tool and even in node red!!
my /etc/xdg/telematics.conf looks like below..
[MQTT]
broker=iot.eclipse.org
port=1883
keepalive=60
I've no good ideas on that front, perhaps try pointing at a local
Mosquitto broker instance for testing as I recommended previously.
It's packaged for most Linux distributions, and running it with the "-v"
verbose option makes it pretty easy to see if it's receiving messages.
Rakesh, I don't have particular experience wit the telematics recipes but I guess you may need to update the configurations for public Eclipse MQTT broker according to https://mqtt.eclipse.org/

Otherwise, just like Scott, I personally prefer using my own instance of Mosquitto MQTT broker rather than the free public services.

Best regards, Leon

Scott

--
Leon Anavi