Re: Integration Checklist

That's what I was looking for.

Thanks!

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020, 8:17 AM Jan Simon Moeller <jsmoeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Joel,

Wrt BSP integration.:
Yes, good input. Let me elaborate:

High level:
- add BSP into  bsp/ folder
- add machine templates to meta-agl/templates/machine/<nameofmachinetemplate>/
   - this is simple file inclusion for
       -  bblayers.conf  via  50_bblayers.conf.inc
       -  local.conf   via   50_local.conf.inc
   - inc file in meta-agl/meta-agl-bsp/conf/include/*  (the
local.conf.inc uses it)
check the existing files in there for reference.

By then you can already call:
 source meta-agl/scripts/aglsetup.sh -m <nameofmachinetemplate> .......

- any 'impedance mismatch' goes into meta-agl/meta-agl-bsp  (which
should be small in an ideal world)
   - notable addition is the bsp vendor kernel bbappend for the kernel
CONFIG_ options AGL requires
   - e.g.:  https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl/tree/meta-agl-bsp/meta-raspberrypi/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-raspberrypi_%25.bbappend

Will put that in a format suitable for the doc site as well.

HTH.

Best regards,
Jan-Simon

------
Jan-Simon Möller
AGL Release Manager
The Linux Foundation

Visit us at:
www.automotivegradelinux.org
lists.automotivelinux.org
www.linuxfoundation.org

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 4:34 PM Joel Winarske <joel.winarske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Walt,
>
> I was looking for a job aid to illustrate the platform integration steps of adding an existing Yocto BSP to AGL.  I figure it's straightforward and should be documented.  Say a silicon vendor is asked to integrate AGL, this would be their guide.
>
> The contribution checklist is helpful for the latter half of the integration.
>
> Thanks,
> Joel
>

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020, 7:39 AM Walt Miner <wminer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joel.
>> Jan-Simon put together a checklist last week that is being added to the documentation site. Here is the gerrit pull request.
>>
>> 9_Contribution_Checklist.md
>>

>> It should show up on the documentation site soon.
>>
>> https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/master/#5_How_To_Contribute/7_General_Guidelines/
>>

>> Regards,
>> Walt
>>

>> Walt Miner
>> AGL Community Manager
>> The Linux Foundation
>>
>> Visit us at:
>> www.automotivegradelinux.org
>> lists.automotivelinux.org
>> www.linuxfoundation.org
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 7:26 PM Joel Winarske <joel.winarske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there an "integration checklist" for pulling in a new target into AGL?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joel

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8855) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_