Re: [agl-dev-community] AGL virtio integration

Hi Jan-Simon!

Thanks for the answers. My answers inline.

On 9/1/20 6:33 PM, Jan Simon Moeller wrote:
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Mikhail!

Can you give me a few more details on what needs changes ?
Then I can give some better advice where we plug it in.

So I gather we need kernel options turned on:
For that we have include files in
meta-agl-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/*
(if it is valid for all boards)

That is our case. Board-independent kernel.

and
meta-agl-bsp/<board specific>/recipes-kernel/linux/
(if it is board specific)

meta-agl-devel would be the place to start.
You'd create a subfolder 'meta-agl-SOMETHING' and a template
in templates/feature/agl-SOMENAME .

Great, will do.

The move to meta-agl once matured goes through the SAT.

Understood.

Wrt kernel. I'd propose to stay with the linux-yocto kernel as it is iirc 5.4 already.

Right, Yocto 3.1 has 5.4 kernel. In the future it wold be nice to jump to the next lts.

So we only have to flip the config options and done.

Yes, for Kooki Koi, considering timeline, this will be relatively straightforward. That was the point from the start.

Best regards,
Jan-Simon

------
Jan-Simon Möller