Re: [agl-dev-community] Using gerrit in a proper way? forks? #help

Hi Thomas,

If you have a registered account on AGL gerrit, you can push changes to your own
personal branch. This is a mechanism we (IoT.bzh) proposed very early in the
project but I don't remember if this is documented somewhere (anyone to post a
link to documentation on that topic?).

Basically, if you have a $login on gerrit, then you're in a position to push
anything to a "sandbox branch" directly, without review.

The branch name must be: sandbox/$login/$yourtopic

So you can have multiple branches (1 per topic) on the same repo.

For example, you can clone AGL/meta-agl, change a recipe, do your own commit
then push to your sandbox (assuming your login is 'twalzer'):

# git push origin HEAD:sandbox/twalzer/mytopic

You can also rewrite your own branch and "push force":

# git push origin +HEAD:sandbox/twalzer/mytopic

or simply drop your sandbox when it becomes useless:

# git push origin :sandbox/twalzer/mytopic

There are more advanced usages of sandboxes like merging the content of a
sandbox in a master branch and doing a review with it but I'd prefer to have
Gerrit admins to write such instructions officially. (I'm NOT the sysadmin :))

Best,
---
Stephane Desneux - CTO - IoT.bzh
stephane.desneux@xxxxxxx - www.iot.bzh