[agl-dev-community] AGL v4l2 GStreamer modules #help

Hello everybody,
I was testing v4l2 GStreamer plugins with AGL master(9.90.0), GStreamer 1.16.2 on imx6solo (automotive grade) and I noticed that some of the v4l2 GStreamer plugins which use the VPU (CODA 960) fail to load at runtime.
This happens when they loaded by GStreamer API by application (launched by AFM). When I call the "gst_element_factory_make" GStreamer function to load those plugins, the returned values are "NULL".

First I thought it is because of SMACK, but when I checked the journal messages, no warning or notification though from SMACK but I want to be sure so I gave full access to my app at "/etc/smack/access.d/..." manually and recursively changed the GStreamer shared libraries to SMACK labels to "_" but the result was same.
Then I removed AGL dependences in my app and changed the Weston shell to "desktop-shell", I launch the app from the command line and it worked! ... all the v4l2 plugins loaded. Of course, the problem was not the Wayland shell, I test the app with "IVI-shell" too (without the app screen) and again the v4l2 GStreamer plugins loaded successfully. The plugins are loaded successfully with the GStreamer command-line tool "gst-launch-1.0" also.

These plugins loaded anyway since they are general v4l2 GStreamer plugins:
v4l2src
v4l2sink
v4l2radio
The following plugins fail to load with AFM launch inside the app (GStreamer API):
v4l2h264enc
v4l2mpeg4enc
v4l2mpeg4dec
v4l2mpeg2dec
v4l2h264dec

It seems something in AFM security infrastructure (Security-Manager or Cynorgia) is blocking the v4l2 hardware-accelerated GStreamer plugins which use the CODA 960 VPU.
First I would be appreciated if anyone can check the issue on his imx6 board, AGL 9.90.0, and GStreamer 1.16.2 (gstreamer-plugins-good) (if anyone) if not, Does anyone have any idea or hint about this issue?

Thank you for your attention.
Regards
Farshid Monhaseri
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8415) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #help

_._,_._,_