Re: [agl-dev-community] VSHL-Core Permissions issue #automotive #voiceagents #vshl-core #permissions

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Ezequiel Cervantes via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Iʼm need help figuring out how I can get VSHL-CORE to properly register the Alexa voice agent. Iʼm seeing the permissions issue below.
>
> I built an AGL image from master (Icefish) without the Alexa voice agent. I built the Alexa voice agent on my own using the Icefish toolchain ( https://download.automotivelinux.org/AGL/release/icefish/latest/m3ulcb-nogfx/deploy/sdk/poky-agl-glibc-x86_64-agl-image-ivi-crosssdk-aarch64-toolchain-9.0.0.sh ) and our current Alexa Auto SDK. I applied all the patches that you guys currently apply
>
> https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl-devel/tree/meta-speech-framework/meta-aac
>
> I also modified the Alexa config json as needed. The alexa voice agent starts up, but I can the vshl core plugin does not read the voice-high.json ( https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl-devel/tree/meta-speech-framework/meta-aac/recipes-apis/alexa-voiceagent-service/alexa-voice-high-config/voice-high.json ) that I placed under /etc/xdg/AGL/
>
> I also placed alexa.json ( https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl-devel/tree/meta-speech-framework/meta-aac/recipes-apis/alexa-voiceagent-service/alexa-voiceagent-service/alexa.json ) to /etc/xdg/AGL/voiceagents/ (following what the receipes are doing).

[snip]
> Is there anything additional I need to do to solve that permission error.

Any files you create down in /etc/xdg need to have their SMACK label set
to '_' (floor permission) so that the binding can read them, e.g.

chsmack -a _ /etc/xdg/AGL/voiceagents/alexa.json

That should fix the permission problem.  This isn't required when building
the images with the agl-voiceagent-alexa feature because that label is the
default for those files.

Scott

View/Reply Online (#8216): https://lists.automotivelinux.org/g/agl-dev-community/message/8216
Mute This Topic: https://lists.automotivelinux.org/mt/72875693/2167316