Re: [agl-dev-community] Error when starting helloworld-native-application test widget

Hi Joel,

helloworld-native-application depends on agl-service-helloworld (API
'helloworld') but it's not installed by default in AGL images. So, you must grab
it from here: https://git.automotivelinux.org/apps/agl-service-helloworld
and install it too.

When I tried to reproduce your issue, I also found a minor bug in
helloworld-native-application (mess up with log file). Please use my latest
commit from today:
https://github.com/iotbzh/helloworld-native-application/commit/fe2c9589d6018176b08af9afadb489f86d534091

So finally, it works as expected. Here's a capture of my test session:

Build the 2 widgets from an AGL docker container where SDK is installed:
# . /xdt/sdk/environment-setup-aarch64-agl-linux
# git clone https://git.automotivelinux.org/apps/agl-service-helloworld
# agl-service-helloworld/autobuild/agl/autobuild package
# scp agl-service-helloworld/build/*.wgt root@h3ulcb:/tmp/
# git clone https://github.com/iotbzh/helloworld-native-application.git
# helloworld-native-application/autobuild/agl/autobuild package
# scp helloworld-native-application/build/*.wgt root@h3ulcb:/tmp/

Then install on the board:
$ ssh root@h3ulcb
root@h3ulcb:~# afm-util install /tmp/agl-service-helloworld.wgt
{
  "added":"agl-service-helloworld@1.0-7a5a796"
}
root@h3ulcb:~# afm-util install /tmp/helloworld-native-application.wgt
{
  "added":"helloworld-native-application@0.1-fe2c958"
}

And finally run the native app, which calls the verb 'ping' on helloworld API
every 10s and appends the json result to a log file in /tmp.
root@h3ulcb:~# afm-util start helloworld-native-application@0.1-fe2c958
8323
root@h3ulcb:~# tail -f /tmp/helloworld.log
  }
}{
  "response":0,
  "jtype":"afb-reply",
  "request":{
    "status":"success",
    "info":"Ping count = 0",
    "uuid":"29c3357f-2083-49a8-9597-3136120728d3"
  }
}{
  "response":1,
  "jtype":"afb-reply",
  "request":{
    "status":"success",
    "info":"Ping count = 1"
  }
}

Every 10 seconds, a new response block is added to the log.

Note that the helloworld-native-application is a non-graphical app, so don't
expect anything on the screen :)

Hope this helps!
---
Stephane Desneux - CTO - IoT.bzh