Re: Homescreen API & wgtpkg-pack

On 17/07/2019 16:12, Lorenz.Krause@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear all,

Hi Lorenz,

I'm new to the AGL project and stumbled across some problems when developing apps for AGL.

Is there a way to call the HomeScreen API via a websocket or http? As far as I know it's only possible with a hybrid app that implements the libhomescreen library.

That is not the only way but probably the most convenient. Three other possibilities exist:
 - use libafbwsc to connect to your binding as does libhomescreen
 - make your application as a binding that runs in the binder
 - connect yourself on the binder with your own websocket implementation

Using the binder is needed to keep connection to services as abstract as possible. So trying to connect directly to the service homscreen should be avoided even if possible theoretically.

What is the exact difference between a widget packed with the wgtpkg-pack program and widget packed by zip? In my case a widget will fail to install, when zipped manually (on a unix system). [2]
I've read a guide[1], which says these two methods do the same, except wgtpkg may include some additional checking.

Can you send us the related output of the journal if relevant? Using command "journalctl".

Can you send us also the list of the content of the widget you created? Using the command "unzip -l FILE".

Note that depending on agl-devel feature, the widget must be signed or not. In that case, the journal reports an error.

Best regards
José Bollo

Kind regards,
Lorenz Krause

[1] https://iot.bzh/download/public/2016/appfw/02_Documentation-AppFW-Core-2.0.pdf
[2] Errorcode in journalctl: Jul 05 10:18:13 intel-corei7-64 afm-system-daemon[521]: ERROR: can't open config file config.xml [/usr/src/debug/af-main/guppy+gitAUTOINC+598f374d29-r0/git/src/wgt-config.c:95]