Homescreen API & wgtpkg-pack

Dear all,

I’m new to the AGL project and stumbled across some problems when developing apps for AGL.

Is there a way to call the HomeScreen API via a websocket or http? As far as I know it’s only possible with a hybrid app that implements the libhomescreen library.

What is the exact difference between a widget packed with the wgtpkg-pack program and widget packed by zip? In my case a widget will fail to install, when zipped manually (on a unix system). [2]

I’ve read a guide[1], which says these two methods do the same, except wgtpkg may include some additional checking.

Kind regards,

Lorenz Krause

[1] https://iot.bzh/download/public/2016/appfw/02_Documentation-AppFW-Core-2.0.pdf

[2] Errorcode in journalctl: Jul 05 10:18:13 intel-corei7-64 afm-system-daemon[521]: ERROR: can't open config file config.xml [/usr/src/debug/af-main/guppy+gitAUTOINC+598f374d29-r0/git/src/wgt-config.c:95]