Re: Ssh access via local host name in Halibut

Resolution of .local domain is done through mDNS (nothing directly related to
DHCP server or local DNS).

On Linux platforms, the avahi daemon is usually responsible for implementing
mDNS (client part as well as server part: mDNS means 'multicast DNS' => both
sides are usually needed).

AFAICS, avahi just "disappeared" from the distro:

Guppy 7.0.3:
avahi-daemon aarch64 0.6.32
avahi-dev aarch64 0.6.32
libavahi-client3 aarch64 0.6.32
libavahi-common3 aarch64 0.6.32
libavahi-core7 aarch64 0.6.32
libavahi-glib1 aarch64 0.6.32
libavahi-gobject0 aarch64 0.6.32

Master:
libavahi-client3 aarch64 0.7
libavahi-common3 aarch64 0.7
libavahi-glib1 aarch64 0.7

Maybe it was pulled by default in 'rocko' and not in 'thud'. In any case, this
is easy to solve.

Please file a Jira ticket for that missing package.

Best regards,
---
Stephane Desneux - CTO - IoT.bzh
stephane.desneux@xxxxxxx - www.iot.bzh