Re: Question - SIP client with Grumpy Guppy

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019, Lisewski, Kevin via automotive-discussions wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if AGL by default supports SIP, or if an external SIP
> client must be sourced in order to register with a RAN? Specifically
> looking to determine if AGL supports passing SIP Resister, Subscribe, and
> Notify messages.  If an external client is needed, can anyone offer a
> recommendation?

I'm not aware of any SIP support in AGL at the moment.  The current
telephony support is focused on the automotive usecase of using the
Bluetooth hands-free profile (HFP) on a Bluetooth connected phone.
There has been investigation into making calls via a dedicated 3G or
4G modem, but I'm not aware of any into using a SIP client for VoIP.

Scott