Re: W3C's Widgets obsoleted

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM José Bollo <jose.bollo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/05/2019 21:51, Philippe Coval wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May you also consider the Web App Manifest spec:
> https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/

Hi Philippe,

Yes, I will do. But the last time I did, a long time ago, I found that
it was not fitting our requirements. Hard to remember why now so I
definitely will check.

Maybe it is extensible enough to add special requiements or extensions,
JSON is kinda flexible for that.

Do you if Samsung is shifting to Web App Manifests?

Well I can't speak for the whole Samsung and all projects I don't even know,
but I know there is adoption of this format for Progressive Web Apps
which is supported by SamsungInternet browser on android,
and probably some Tizen profiles too.

IMHO, some (web) apps are context agnostic and could/should be instalable anywhere,
just like html pages are same on whatever browser..

My 2c...