Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. April 2019 um 16:38 Uhr
Von: "José Bollo" <jose.bollo@xxxxxxx>
An: "Chris Chros" <chris_chros_15@xxxxxx>
Cc: automotive-discussions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: Application Framework Demo Apps dont start
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 09:55:55 +0200
"Chris Chros" <chris_chros_15@xxxxxx> wrote:

> hello everyone,

Hello Chris,

> i have a problem starting the sample applications
> (https://github.com/iotbzh/afm-widget-examples) I wanted to try the
> above linked demo apps using the Application Framework tutorial
> (http://docs.automotivelinux.org/guppy/docs/apis_services/en/dev/reference/af-main/4-quick-tutorial.html)

This quick tutorial refers to widget examples available at
https://github.com/iotbzh/afm-widget-examples

These widget expect a web-runtime (WRT) to be available in AGL but the
WRT is not available by default at the moment. It was available when we
compiled the QtWebRuntime and added it in AGL images. That is not more
the case.

> When installing the app with "afm-utils install" everything seems to
> work. The returned JSON tells  that the app has been successfully
> "added". Then it appears in the list of installed applications
> (afm-util list). When I try to start the app with "afm-util start"
> nothing happens. I can see the app on the home screen, but it can't
> be opened. However, a PID is assigned at startup. The app also does
> not appear in the list of running applications (afm-util ps) although
> it was started. What could be the reason?

The process is launched but as it misses one component, at the end it
fails. I'll check whether the detection of the error can be improved.
Have you checked what is reported in the journal using the command
'journalctl'?

> I have seen that only the afm-user-deamon is running. The
> afm-system-deamon seems to be missing. The output of the command "ps
> -ef|grep bin/afm" is added to the attachment.

The system daemon is not catched by pattern of grep. Use "grep afm-" to
get it.

Best regards
José